I hope to stay on your mailing list and come again sometime.”Come Away With Me retreat guest
When is the retreat?
- Saturday, December 10, 2022
- 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
How much does it cost?
There is no charge for the one-day retreat. If you are able, a free-will offering would be appreciated. Contact Guest Services to discuss the cost of an overnight stay before or after the retreat, if you prefer.
What is this retreat about?
Each guest is welcomed into God’s love through a variety of quiet and prayerful activities:
- Worship and music
- Eucharistic adoration
- Short talks
Who is the retreat leader?
Retreat Leaders Jerome and Mary Meeds bring their extensive experience as pastoral care ministers to the Come Away With Me retreats. Jerome is the executive director of Dunrovin. He has worked in youth ministry since 1980 and ministered to adults as well since 1985. Mary, a registered nurse and Dunrovin’s executive assistant, worked as a pastoral care worker since 1986. She passionately loves mothers, special needs children, and anyone who experiencing grief, confusion, or struggle. Check out the Dunrovin blogs to learn more about their faith in the personal love of God.
Non-judgmental relationships bring people into community with one another, and here Christ is present.”Mary Meeds, Retreat Leader
What is the angle of these retreats?
Both Jerome and Mary have received deep healing through the Lord’s personal love and care. They offer this kind of encounter with Christ through the Come Away With Me retreats. One short talk will present personal witness of God’s work and faithfulness in Jerome and Mary’s lives. One short talk will present material by Bob Schuchts’ book Be Healed. Bob’s powerful ministry offers retreats for priests and seminarians, and his Restore the Glory podcast helping people restore God’s life within.
What should I bring?
- Bring whatever may help you with your personal prayer. We have many Bibles available but you may prefer to bring your own.
- A journal, prayer shawl, rosary, etc. may help you with your prayer.
- Dress comfortably.
- Bring outdoor clothing and boots if you desire to walk Dunrovin’s beautiful woodland paths. Be aware that some may be icy or muddy.
- Prepare your favorite or easiest dish to bring along for a snack or meal, if you’d like. Dunrovin will provide a main meat entrée and a main vegetarian entrée and dessert of course! A potluck meal is one way we are trying to decrease the costs and make this retreat accessible to everyone.
- If you are able, please consider a freewill donation.
- Bring your worries, concerns, fears, and hurt. God wants to meet you in these places.
- Bring your hope that God is able to meet you where you need Him.
Jerome and Mary moved their family (3 daughters and 1 son) to Dunrovin in 1999, when Jerome took the position of Executive Director. They are deeply committed to “meeting people where they are at” in their life journeys.
GuestServices@dunrovin.org | 651-433-2486