Consider time away – for only a day – to refresh your spirit, mind, and body and to listen for the whisper of God’s personal love.”Mary Meeds, Retreat Leader
- A Lenten Day of Prayer – Saturday, March 25, 12:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Email Emily at GuestServices@dunrovin.org to register
How much does it cost?
There is no charge for the one-day retreat. If you are able, a free-will offering would be appreciated. Contact Guest Services to discuss the cost of an overnight stay before or after the retreat, if you prefer.
Why go on a retreat?
- Daily life bombards us with stimuli, decisions, tension, relationships, and activities.
- A retreat offers external time and space to quiet down your internal mind and body.
- God wants to spend time with you. God loves you.
What is this retreat about?
Each retreatant is welcomed into God’s love through a variety of quiet and prayerful activities:
- Worship and music
- Quiet Prayer Meditations – Lectio Divina, Ignatian meditation, Eucharistic adoration
- Short talks – The Frame, Restoring the Heart
- Sharing a meal together
What should I bring?
- Bring whatever may help you with your personal prayer. We have many Bibles available, but you may prefer to bring your own.
- A journal, prayer shawl, rosary, etc. may help you with your prayer.
- Dress comfortably.
- Bring outdoor clothing and boots if you desire to walk Dunrovin’s beautiful woodland paths. Be aware that some paths may be icy or muddy.
- A meal will be provided, but feel free to bring your favorite snack or treat if you would like to share. It is a fun part of the retreat!
- If you are able, please consider a freewill donation.
- Bring your worries, concerns, fears, and hurt. God wants to meet you in these places.
- Bring your hope that God is able to meet you where you need Him.
Who leads the retreat?
Retreat Leaders Jerome and Mary Meeds bring their extensive experience as pastoral care ministers to the Come Away With Me retreats. Jerome is the executive director of Dunrovin and a certified life coach. He has worked in youth ministry and spiritual direction since 1980 and ministered to adults as well since 1985. Mary, a registered nurse and Dunrovin’s executive assistant, worked as a pastoral care worker since 1986. She passionately loves mothers, special needs children, and anyone who experiencing grief, confusion, or struggle. Check out the Dunrovin blogs to learn more about their faith in the personal love of God.
Can I learn more?
Both Jerome and Mary have received deep healing through the Lord’s personal love and care. They offer this kind of encounter with Christ through the Come Away With Me retreats. One short talk will present personal witness of God’s work and faithfulness in Jerome and Mary’s lives. One short talk will present material by Bob Schuchts’ book Be Healed. Bob’s powerful ministry offers retreats for priests and seminarians, and his Restore the Glory podcast helping people restore God’s life within.
Jerome and Mary moved their family to Dunrovin in 1999, when Jerome took the position of Executive Director. They are deeply committed to “meeting people where they are at” in their life journeys and passionately listen for the whisper of God’s workings.
GuestServices@dunrovin.org | 651-433-2486